At Panahghar, we are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy to keep your personal information safe and being clear on how we collect your data, how we store it and what we do with it.
Panahghar may make changes to this policy from time to time by updating this page in line with good practice and legislation. The information you provide will be held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) May 2018 and may be used by Panahghar to supply the services which you have requested.
Panahghar will only collect, process and store information about you that you have willingly provided to Panahghar. We aim to be open about the information we are collecting and clear about what we will be using this for.
We will process your personal data on the basis of your consent and/or our legitimate interest which may be regarding the provision of information about our services, your name, contact details, demographic information such as postcode, as well as other information which you provide to us when you contact us through our website, training and contact via post, telephone, e-mail, webforms or social media.
Any information we collect and store may be accessed by our staff to enable us to effectively communicate with you.
Panahghar takes the security of your personal data very seriously. When you share your personal information, we do all we can to ensure that it is treated securely. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. So, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and therefore any transaction is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take reasonable steps and all other precautions required by law to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Panahghar will never sell or swap your personal data but we may share your information with third parties in the process of managing your engagement with us, such as payment processors for donations, and partners who manage sponsored events.
Panahghar are committed to ensuring that your information is secure in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure. We have in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information Panahghar collects online.
How do we use your personal information?
We will use your personal information to do the following:
- Provide you with information, products or services you’ve requested or that we feel might be of interest to you.
- Process one-off or regular donations and to claim Gift Aid.
- Make our marketing campaigns more targeted and relevant to potential clients and donors; we will only send you marketing information if you have given us specific consent to do.
- Respond to direct requests where you contact us with a query – we will use your personal information to respond.
- Carry out general administrative tasks like dealing with complaints and feedback, essential record-keeping.
- Keep you safe: in the event that we reasonably think you (or someone else) is at risk of serious harm or abuse.
- Monitoring and evaluation: we use your personal information to inform and develop our service delivery.
- Improve your experience of our website, so that we may offer you a more user-friendly navigation of our website.
- Supporter profiling and analysis: we will use your personal information to help us better target communications, so that you are more likely to receive communications relevant to your interests.
For how long will we keep your personal information?
At Panahghar, we are committed to retaining your personal information for no longer than necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was first collected. This is in line with guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office. Panahgher may hold some types of data for up to seven years.
For example, in the case of financial transactions like donations and purchases, we will keep your personal information for as long as legally required in respect of tax or accounting purposes, which could be anything up to six years after a transaction has taken place.
Do you share my information with anyone else?
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which it was obtained in the first place. We won’t share it with any third parties and you won’t receive any communications from other organisations.
However, there are two very explicit ways in which your data might be shared:
- In the event that we use third party suppliers to help deliver our services, fundraising activities and campaigns. For example, we use Mailchimp to send out newsletters via email.
- Where we are legally bound to disclose your personal information, for example, to further criminal investigation or to keep you safe if we believe you (or someone else) is at risk of serious harm or abuse.
Supporters and Donors
Panahghar welcomes donations to support our work. When processing individual donations we collect and process data including but not limited to: your name, contact details, and information about the donation and any Gift Aid. This is based on the legal basis of pursuing our legitimate interests of receiving donations to support our work.
If you would like to receive updates about our work and fundraising appeals we will use your contact details to communicate with you, in the format that you choose which you have consented to.
You can unsubscribe from electronic communications at any time should you wish to do so.
Our website collects information about users who visit the site, in order to help us to understand how supporters use our site and to make improvements. Where you have previously indicated a preference, this will be stored in this cookie. We cannot use this information to find out further personal information about you, and will not share any individual information unless required to do so by law. If you want to know more about cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org which explains how cookies work and how you can manage their use.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites – Facebook & Twitter – will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Some of the content on our site is provided by third parties. This includes but is not limited to: YouTube. When you visit a page containing content from one of these sites a cookie may be set. We do not have any control over these cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
In connection with marketing, promotions or other projects, we may ask you specifically whether you have objections against a certain kind of communication, data use or sharing. If you opt-out under such circumstances, we will respect your decision. To opt out of receiving communications from Panahghar, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you no longer wish to receive communication from Panahghar. Please note that our affiliates and other data recipients have their own data privacy policies, which may differ from ours and you would have to contact them separately with respect to opt-out requests.
Right to complain
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we are processing your personal data, you can contact us at email@example.com or you can make a complaint to the statutory body UK Information Commissioner’s Office which oversees data protection law – www.ico.orh.uk/concerns
Your rights and managing your own data
You have the right to request access to the personal information that Panahghar stores and processes about you. You can ask for corrections to be made to the information we hold or for your personal information to be deleted. You can also ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or to object to the processing of it altogether.
We will not charge you for either considering or complying with a request unless it is deemed to be excessive in nature. We will ask you for proof of identity and upon this being successfully verified, you are entitled to obtain the following information about your personal information:
- The purposes of the collection, processing, use and storage of your personal data.
- The source(s) of the personal information, if it was not obtained from you.
- The categories of personal data stored about you.
- The recipients (or categories of recipients) to whom your personal data has been or may be transmitted, along with the location of those recipients.
- The envisaged period of storage for your personal data or the rationale for determining the storage period.
- The use of any automated decision-making and/or profiling
If you’d like to make a request relating to any of the rights above, please send a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website provider
Your data may also be available to our website provider to enable us and them to deliver their service to us, carry out analysis and research on demographics, interests and behaviour of our users and supporters to help us gain a better understanding of them to enable us to improve our services. This may include connecting data we receive from you on the website to data available from other sources. Your personally identifiable data will only be used where it is necessary for the analysis required, and where your interests for privacy are not deemed to outweigh their legitimate interests in developing new services for us. In the case of this activity the following will apply:
- Your data will be made available to our website provider
- Our website provider will not transfer your data to any other third party, or transfer your data outside of the EEA.
- They will store your data for a maximum of 7 years.
How to contact us